February 14, 2009

TRANSLATION OF MY LOVE POETRY


Refer to my earlier blog posted here titled "Valentine's Day". Below is the English version of the poetry I earlier presented here in Telugu. The ones in blue are in Telugu and the following are in English, for your reference. None of the pieces I sent to Eenadu got any prize. I have no reason to blame Anantha Sriram. I can understand the dilemma of a judge in such a context. Everybody can't be a winner. It also means that those that could not win a prize are not winners. In most of the cases, the judge is to be pitied because a true person should never judge others' creativity in a comparative stand.

Manassu Geeche Vichithra Chithram Prema
Hrudhayam Likhinche Pavithra Pathram Prema
Kalalaku Kalhalhaku Jeevam Posedhi Prema
Amruthaanni Vishaanni Samangaa Chooshedhi Prema
Okari Kosam Manasaara Edvagaligithe Adhi Prema
Manishini Manishigaa Unchagalige Prapancha Prakhyaatha Mandhu Prema

Love is an odd picture drawn by one’s mind
Love is a sacred letter scripted by one’s heart
Love is the lifeblood of dreams and arts
Love considers both ambrosia and poison alike
It is love if one can cry deeply for another
Love is a world-famous medicine/liquor that can keep a man like a man forever...
----------------------------------------------------

Neevu Naa Theeyani Ice Cream
Nenu Ninu Veedani Bubble Gum
Manam Kalisi Puttani Pranaya Kavalalam
Kalisi Brathike Prema Pakshulam

You are my sweet Ice Cream
I am your inseparable bubble gum
We were love twins that did not born together
We are lovebirds that are going to live together
----------------------------------------------------

Naa Madhilo Cherina Nee Roopam
Naa Gundello Velige Kaartheeka Deepam
Neevu Naaku Cheruvaina Dhooramaina
Naa Aathmaku Praanham Pose Dhevatha

Your image which entered my mind is
Like the traditional Indian Kaarthika lamp that shines in my heart
Whether you are near or far from me
You are my Goddess vitalizing my soul

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear nice undying love story and poetry.
You are my sweet Ice Cream
I am your inseparable bubble gum
We were love twins that did not born together
We are lovebirds that are going to live together....

please visit more--Rajasthan Holidays

Unknown said...

Hi,

I like to tour the desert in this state eating fresh and sweet dates. Thank you for your appreciation.

Raghav said...

Mr. Raju,

I have read your blog and also many of your diary entries. Please note my following honest comments very seriously and carefully.

It is not for no reason that your written entries are rejected continuously by various publishers. Your written lanugage seems like it is written by a student of standard 6/7 with a bad grasp of the language. Your repetitive usage of words such as "abode" and extremely bad grammar suggest not only your limited knowledge but also your poor imagination. I thought that is due to your rural background and perhaps your Telugu should be good enough to be a writer. I was disappointed to see it is third rate as well. Some of the lines seem like thee new age movie lyric writers who write to adjust to lewd tunes that would enable sleazy gyrated dances by stupid looking heroines.

Considering your talent, your lifestyle is disappointing. All you seem to do is look for some jobs and then dont complete their interview process giving some lame reasons (why do you attend in the first place then?), watch stupid movies, talk to cousins and friends and keep borrowing money from others and maintain diary entries as if you achieve something incredible on a daily basis. what you are doing is an utter waste of time, money and resources. I agree you have a few basic human principles right. But who has given you the moral right of accusing other people/companies/institutions of malpractices and cultural disorientation when you do not fill the basic duties of a father and a husband. You dont even earn enough to feed your first born and wife and you had a second one!!!!

The way you write about a few things and today's youth make me laugh at you. You have a zero level understanding of things. Get this, Yes! movies like Paramaveera Chakra are disgusting to the core. You think movies like that are great because you live in a well and can't quite see outside that. Because you have never seen movies from makers such as Satyajit Ray, Stanley Kubrick etc.

I urge you to get rid of your false prestige and go and work somewhere to earn for your family. I would have supported what you are doing with all my might, even if I thought for a second that you had writing talent. But like I said, your talents in writing are zilch, nada, shoonyam.

Please please have a long look at your life style and do something for your family instead. The kids that you accuse of who are working for MNCs although are doing stupid work at call centers, are much much worth than you. Because they are atleast feeding people who are dependent on them.

Unknown said...

Dear Raghav,

Thank you for your elaborate comment. I don't like to write anything in response to what you professed here.

I simply request you "Learn to bear with folks like me also. Shortcomings and demerits are part of human life. Some can get rid of them and some cannot. I belong to the latter group of beings. Some may suffer due to my thoughts and actions, as you think.

LIVE TRAFFIC