April 16, 2011

IT REFUND IN INDIA



16 April 2011

From

Datla Chiranjeevi Raju,
II Floor, H.No. 6-2-947,
Opp. Radiance School,
Street No. 8, Chintal Basthi,             
Khairatabad, Hyderabad-500 004.

To

Cash Management Product (CMP)
State Bank of India, SBIFAST,
31, Mahal Industrial Estate,
Off Mahakali Caves Road,
Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400 093.

     Sub: TDS refund–Financial year 2008-2009 - Reg.

Dear Sir,

I submitted my TDS returns for the financial year 2008-09 during July 2009. I had to get back 4000 rupees as refund. The address given in my TDS application then got changed by the time the refund cheque was sent by your CMP department. So, that envelope must have been returned to you, along with the disused/expired cheque.

My PAN number is AHFPD8071L.

When I checked for the status of my tax refund for this period, at http://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html  I got the following details:

Mode of Payment: Refund Cheque

Reference Number: CMPP2315426

Status: Expired: Refund cheque not deposited in bank for 90 days.

Date: December 13, 2010.

Speed Post Reference No. EY216107005IN

I request you to send me another cheque to my present address, which is given above, for the same.

I am like a helpless and worthless Indian gypsy. I keep moving from place to place within months because it is my destiny as a jobholder in the private sector. I don’t have a permanent residential or office address.

I don’t know which Assessment Officer in Hyderabad is dealing with my TDS work. When I checked online about those details, to contact the relevant person and do something in this regard, I could not find any information online. They update their websites once a decade or so.

I am working with an advertising firm in Hyderabad now. Only Sundays are holidays. I have to take one day’s leave to do anything related to my personal life. For that, they cut about 1000 rupees from my monthly salary. So, I do not ask for leave from them unless a natural disaster takes place around the office of our firm. I need to work every day to sustain my life in the present circumstances. I cannot hire a tax consultant to deal with this TDS refund of 4000 rupees because you know how much he or she demands for such works. What I mean by all this is I am like a dirty beggar in India now. The 4000 rupees, which you have to return me, is like great alms to me. I need that money very badly. So, please send me that amount of money so as to be credited to my Axis Bank account, which I provided in my TDS application.

Income tax and revenue departments are the worst departments in India. My experiences with them earlier made me develop and retain such impressions about them. They (IT folks) did not have the common sense/minimum courtesy for calling me up, using my provided cellphone number, when that envelope was not received at the given address in my TDS application form.

I have no time to go to these IT folks, personally, after much enquiry and research about their offices and departments in Hyderabad/Secunderabad. My life and profession do not permit me to spend time that casually because I am not a privileged citizen of India.

You sent me my TDS refund related to 2008-09, sometime in 2010. In the meantime, I moved to other places in the city. My association with that firm and residence, the details of which would have been given in my TDS application then, got terminated during this period of time.

I have Internet access in the present office of my firm and in my house also. I can express the intensity of my problems to others using English language. I can type fast using a computer keyboard. So, I am able to send you this letter. I am blessed by God to that extent.

Do not write/email to me about standard procedures to be followed in this regard to get back this refund to my present address. I am not a terrorist, mentally sick person or psychologically dead person but an idealist with ideas and thoughts to see India as a good nation one day. So, I request you not to subject me to further levels of organized government harassment and silent violence in this regard.

You can visit the following blog sites of mine and scan a little content over there to believe that I am living in India now and I am a sane person to some extent. This can be proof to you.

Millions of Indians are ruining India through corruption and immorality. I do not belong to that class of Indians. I cannot provide you with proofs for it because the Government of India did not establish any agencies to assess the characters of good citizens of India till now and thus treat them accordingly. They are unable to issue even standard voter identity cards or Aadhar cards to all the citizens of India.

If you find this letter objectionable according to your standards and policies, you must take me to a court of law in India. I am looking for such an opportunity. You know how much time they take to address your issues in this regard. I cannot go to courts in India now, just like you, because they intensify my problem. I often feel like setting fire to many government offices in India to change this nation faster to the better but then they portray me as a terrorist or anti-social element and arrest me immediately. Madam Sonia Gandhi, Her Excellency Pratibha Patil and His Excellency Manmohan Singh are creating and developing such great governance and human culture in India now minding the welfare and future of folks like me. So, we are all merely helpless players in this big national game being devised and imposed by them upon us. They are thinkers, social reformers, philosophers, patriots and visionaries of this nation. We must accept them and appreciate them silently.

I am sending you this letter through a reliable private courier service because I don’t have time to go to a post office near me during their working days and working hours.

Thank you for your goodness and patience in reading this letter and understanding the status and psyche of an average citizen in India now.

Sincerely,

Datla Chiranjeevi Raju.

9396872652

rajayogi@live.com

http://virahini.blogspot.com

http://dcraju.blogspot.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Booked this letter today by 3:40 PM IST at a DTDC courier service point at Khairatabad in Hyderabad paying them 60 rupees.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Chiranjeevi garu, I have read about you in Enadu daily news paper and eventually happened to open this page to read about you.
I've not read any more of your blogs yet, I hope I would see them in future.
I am interested in knowing the response from IT dept. for the above letter....I am also the victim of the govt. personnel....
-srinivas
rav696@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Those folks in Mumbai emailed me formally advising me to contact the assessing officer in Hyderabad and get these things cleared, changing my address there. They are formal and mechanical. No long letter or thunder can move them away from their automated mindset and lifestyle as government employees.

I have to enquire a lot about these places of IT folks in Hyderabad and to which jurisdiction my IT refund region belongs. I have to spend a lot of time to meet these people. They talk with me about the rules and regulations in this regard. If I take one day’s leave from my current office, they would cut about 800 rupees from my salary for that day. How much can I invest for my IT refund of 4000 rupees related to FY 2009-10 struggling this way practically?

So, I searched online for the addresses of IT refund consultants in Hyderabad. I got the address of Mr. Srinivasa Rao at Ameerpet. I called him up again and again and explained him my problem over phone and by emails.

I managed to meet this fellow in his office recently as part of a work I was carrying in that region that day. He said that he can resolve this issue. Since I don’t have the acknowledgment slip of my IT returns application of that time, and also because I don’t have details regarding the cheque, which was delivered to my previous company address, he advised me to follow either one of the two ways, he got to offer me.

If I go as per the rules, it is difficult to get my refund back soon. It takes a lot of time. I need to move to those folks frequently. It takes about two months’ time to get my refund from them. This is way one.

The second way is: If I pay him 100 rupees as service charge for it, he would get it done in a few days only. He got the details of all those folks at Income Tax Department in Hyderabad. So, he talked with that particular fellow (assessing officer) and knew the details about my IT refund status. He asked me to pay him 400 rupees. He said that he has to pay this bribe to that assessing officer to get this fund transferred to my account online or send a fresh cheque to my present address. He is charging 100 rupees for coordination in this regard with that assessing officer. He ensures that my money would be sent to me as early as possible. I paid him 500 rupees readily. He is a capable fellow to handle things of this order.

You can contact him at 9848495802. His name is Srinivasa Rao. He is young and energetic. Explain your issue to him. He can clear it fast. He is a good guy. Since corruption is prevalent in India now, if I have to get 4000 rupees, I have to pay a bribe of 400 rupees (10% of the amount, which I desire to get back from them-fixed system). Mr. Srinivasa Rao is attending my issue now. I think I may get back my 4000 rupees in a week’s time by cheque or online transfer into my given bank account, courtesy Srinivasa Rao.

Thank you for reading about me and getting back to me this way.

LIVE TRAFFIC